After qualifying as an Architect and the Technical School of Architecture at the University of Navarra in Pamplona, Enrique has practised the profession in this city on his own, along with setting up a company with other colleagues and as part of a team with different associates.
He regularly works between architecture and product and interior design.
Enrique has developed a broad variety of private and public projects that range from endowment to private architecture and has extensive experience in specific projects in the field of interior design and, specifically, in the hospitality field.
His entrepreneurship drove his setting up of “DVELAS” , the furniture design studio using recovered candles, along with “GastroArquitectura”, the professional group to support and drive innovative catering projects, among other initiatives.
Enrique’s interest in architecture and design, together with a certain bent for risk, has led him to embrace more complex challenges and in 2016, he founded a new multidisciplinary studio that combines architecture, interior, product and graphic design, along with a furniture prototype production workshop.
People with very different professional profiles with diverse but complementary careers work at the studio and continue with the hallmark of all his previous ventures: working on all the possible scales of architecture and design, while maintaining the principle of dedication and commitment, based on the belief that the fundamental is not the size of the project, but rather its intrinsic possibilities.
The studio has won several awards:
- ICONIC awards 2017 of the German Design Council, Interior Innovation Selection.
- Restaurant & Bar Design Awards 2016. Beast European Bar Finalist.
- Premi Catalunya d’Ecodisseny 2015. Selected.
- Ascer 2014 Awards. Selected.
- Saloni Architecture Awards. Selected.
- COAVN 2013 Awards of the Basque Navarra Official Professional Association of Architects, design section. Runner-up.
- A’Design Award. Textile design category.
- Navarra Chamber of Commerce Design Awards. Winner in 2001, 2003, 2007 and 2010.
- ISOVER Energy Efficiency Awards 2009. Runner-up
- International Sustainable Architecture Award, Franco E. Delmonte 2009. Honourable Mention.
- NAN Awards to the “Best Integration of Energy in Architecture” 2009. Winner.
- Veteco Asefave VIII Awards 2008. Honourable Mention.
- FAD 2007, interior design section 2007. Finalist.
- COAVN 2007 Awards of the Basque Navarra Official Professional Association of Architects, interior design section.